Roberto Duran is meeting with USFallen this weekend
USFallen.org is pleased to announce Roberto Duran, 5-time World Boxing Champion and International Boxing Hall of Fame inductee, is not only a big fan of ours, buts wants to get involved with our mission. Not only will he be in town for meetings, but also catch the Pacquiao vs Margarito fight at the Cowboys Stadium on Saturday.
Summary of Duran’s visit to Dallas Nov. 12-14, 2010:
- Lay the ground work for causes that are important to him.
- Duran has been blessed with a long and successful life as a sports figure that few have ever known.
- In retirement he wants to help our youth to aspire to do great things in spite of their circumstances or hardships.
- Duran came from very humble beginnings and endured tough times and hard times, but persevered and now wants to motivate others to succeed.
- He plans to begin helping at the community level, schools, civic organizations and non-profits.
- He will lend his voice and reach out to the community to build awarness.
- His goal is to inspire others to never give up, never stop fighting, and to achieve all that one can.
“Not only are we humbled, but we are excited to have such a legend to help us in our mission,” said Jerry Castillo, founder of USFallen.org. “We also look forward to working with Roberto,” he added.